By using the Hume Studies archive on this site you agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions:
- HUME STUDIES hereby grants you a nonexclusive, limited license to use the HUME STUDIES archive (the “Content”) in accordance with these Terms and Conditions (the “License”). You may not sublicense, assign, or transfer the License, and any attempt at such sublicense, assignment or transfer is void.
- The Content is intended for the personal, noncommercial use of Authorized Users of the HUME STUDIES archive. For information on Authorized Users contact your library or organization. Unless prior written permission has been obtained from HUME STUDIES, you may not download from the HUME STUDIES archive an entire issue of the journal, significant portions of the entire run of the journal, a significant number of sequential articles, or multiple copies of articles.
- Additional restrictions, or fewer restrictions, may apply to your use of certain Content.
- You must maintain all copyright and other notices contained in any Content in the course of any use of such Content.
- Other than as permitted above with respect to Content, you may not reproduce, publish, distribute, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, modify, create derivative works from, display, or in any way exploit, the HUME STUDIES archive in whole or in part. You have no rights to the proprietary software and related documentation provided to you to access the HUME STUDIES archive (“Access Software”). You may not copy, distribute, modify, reverse engineer, or create derivative works from Access Software.
- The HUME STUDIES archive may contain links to or may be accessible from links within related or unrelated World Wide Web sites and resources. HUME STUDIES shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with such links. You should direct any concerns regarding any outside link to its site administrator.
- HUME STUDIES will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the HUME STUDIES archive, in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing. HUME STUDIES does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content. THE HUME STUDIES ARCHIVE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HUME STUDIES FURTHER MAKES NO WARRANTIES RESPECTING ANY HARM THAT MAY BE CAUSED BY THE TRANSMISSION OF A COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, TIME BOMB, LOGIC BOMB OR OTHER SUCH COMPUTER PROGRAM. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THE HUME STUDIES ARCHIVE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- You hereby indemnify, defend and hold HUME STUDIES, and its officers, directors, agents, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you, or any user of your account, of these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. HUME STUDIES reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
- This Agreement shall be interpreted and construed according to, and governed by, the laws of the State of New York or United States Federal law, as applicable, excluding any such laws that might direct the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. The parties expressly exclude, if applicable, the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration, including joint and/or consolidated arbitration where practicable, conducted in English, in New York, New York, in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment on the award rendered by the Arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The parties agree to exclude any right of application or appeal to non-U.S. courts in connection with any question of law arising in the course of the arbitration, or with respect to any award made.
- HUME STUDIES may change these Terms and Conditions, or any aspect of the HUME STUDIES archive, at any time.
- If any provision or provisions of this License shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable, or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be in any way affected or impaired thereby.